Thursday, January 17, 2013

So I tried making pizza...



I've been searching high and low for a good price on almond flour. In doing some research, I have found that it is higher in protein and less in carbohydrates than other gluten free flour alternatives. I was quite bummed when I kept finding small bags at high costs. My sister in law told me I could try Trader Joe's Almond meal. I was able to buy some on Sunday and was very excited to finally bake something (other than the gluten free box of cookies I made the other night I haven't done much baking since before being diagnosed).



I made a pizza crust that night from a recipe that I found online: http://www.cindystable.com/italian-style-pizza-with-almond-meal-crust/


Then I just added pizza sauce, grape tomatoes cut in half, and mozzarella cheese and rosemary. It wasn't too hard to make but I was a little disappointed in the taste. I hope next time I can add a little something more to make it taste better. If you have any suggestions let me know :) here is a picture of how it turned out (created via Picstich and Instagram)

No comments:

Post a Comment